There are direct flights from London, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin airports to Athens, from whichyou reach the islands by ferry (or, for Naxos and Paros, there's the option of a domestic flight).
If your holiday starts on Naxos (Naxos and Naxos & Minor Cyclades holidays)or on Paros, there are also cheap Easyjet flights to Santorini from which it's a short ferry-hop to Naxos or Paros. Ask your travel agent for details, or look on the Internet.
Try British Airways, Aegean Airlines and Easyjet or airlines serving Glasgow, Manchester or Dublin.
If you want to extend your holiday independently and spend some time on the nearby islands of Santorini or Mykonos, it is worth investigating direct flights to either of those islands, followed by ferry to Naxos, Paros or Tinos.
If you are travelling straight to Naxos, on arrival at Athens airport, you can either:
• take a domestic flight* from the airport directly to Naxos (c. 45 minutes flying time), or...
• go by airport bus, metro, or taxi to Piraeus for the high-speed ferry to Naxos (sailing time, c. 3 hours) or the slower ferry (c. 5 hours).
If you are travelling straight to Paros, on arrival at Athens airport, you can either:
• take a domestic flight * from the airport directly to Paros (c. 40 minutes flying time), or
• go by airport bus, metro, or taxi to Piraeus for the high-speed ferry to Paros (sailing time c. 3 hours), or the slower ferry (c. 4 hours).
If you are travelling straight to Tinos, on arrival at Athens airport:
• take airport bus or taxi to the port of Rafina for the high-speed ferry to Tinos (sailing time around 1 3/4 hours), or the slower ferry (3 hours).
From Athens airport go by airport bus, metro, or taxi to Piraeus for the direct evening (5.30pm) Blue Star ferry to Amorgos (departures most days). We recommend that you book a cabin.
If you are staying in Athens, on arrival at Athens airport, you can travel by airport bus or metro to the centre of Athens and walk to your hotel, or take a taxi from the airport direct to the hotel.
NB Ferry and domestic flight schedules can normally be confirmed and tickets booked about two months in advance. Alternatively, as long as you are not travelling on or near a national holiday (particularly the week preceding Greek Orthodox Easter (on and around 18-21 April 2014), you can buy ferry tickets prior to sailing from one of the many travel agents and ticket offices on the quayside at Piraeus or Rafina.
* If you plan to take a domestic flight from Athens to Naxos or Paros, we advise you to book at least a month in advance as the number of flights and aircraft seats available each day is limited.